User Profiles Made Easy (UPME) is a full featured front-end profile, login and registration plugin for WordPress. It is user-friendly, fully responsive and works with any theme. With this plugin you can stop sending your users to the ugly back-end profile, registration and login pages, and instead give your users a seamless front-end experience on pages that match the rest of your website.
UPME takes your profiles to the next level, allowing you to create unlimited custom profile fields and to completely customize the registration form. You control which fields are required, which fields users can edit, which fields are private, and much more. You can even display your users in a beautiful, searchable members directory, or just show one or two specific users on any page or post you want using one of the many included shortcodes. The possibilities are endless!
Includes many easy to use shortcodes with loads of options and is fully customizable.
Latest version: 2.0.13 – 2014.03.26
Note: If upgrading from a previous version, please clear your browser cache after applying this update.
If you like this plugin, please remember to rate it
Giving UPME a five star rating really motivates us to continue making it even better!
Elegant, responsive front-end profiles with unlimited custom fields
Beautiful front-end Login & Registration forms with shortcodes
Login with email or username
Private content shortcode for member-only protected content
Customizable, search-able, paginated Members List
Search and Filter by Custom Fields (see demo)
SEO Friendly profile permalink options (see example)
Unlimited custom fields for profiles and/or registration (text, drop-down, radio, checkboxes, etc.)
350+ FontAwesome icons to choose from for your profile fields
Custom fields may be added to profiles, registration forms, or both
Video Field creates Responsive Videos Automatically
Many pre-defined fields ready to use
Optionally block access to WordPress backend login & profiles, redirect to front-end UPME versions
Automatically works with Gravatar, or users may upload custom profile pictures and avatars
User-uploaded avatars work everywhere on WordPress (comments, bbPress avatars, etc.)
Users may set password when registering
Password strength meter
Compatible with all (properly coded) themes
Standalone profile page, link to user profiles, or current user profile automatically
Users may easily View/Edit their profiles
Works automatically with any existing usermeta data and usermeta fields from other plugins
Admin panel with profile customizer
Private fields that only admin users can see an edit
Locked fields that users may see but not edit
HTML fields (embed Videos, Audio, Maps, etc.)
Optionally allow users to hide some or all fields from public view
Show/promote a specific user or group of users anywhere with shortcode
Fully responsive, adjusts beautifully to any screen size
Easy to use shortcode generator
WooCommerce auto-sync with user account (shipping/billing) fields
Newest Members Widget
Sidebar Login Widget/Shortcode
Add reCaptcha or FunCaptcha security captcha to registration or login forms
Fully translatable to any language using .po files
Link user display names to UPME profile pages or author archives
Display specific custom fields by User Role
Display profiles based on User Role
Restrict Viewing of Other User Profiles based on user role
Custom actions and filters for adding more features using other plugins
Open user profiles in awesome popup windows
New features added regularly!
Dedicated support forum!
* Fixed Bug: Profile fields displaying issue in WordPress backend profile edit
* New Feature: Restrict Viewing of Other User Profiles based on user role * New Feature: Implement popup window on user profiles list for viewing individual profile from list * New Feature: Option to change the shortcode used inside upme modal window * New Feature: Filters to customize the emails for registration with activation,reset password * New Feature: Display user role on profiles using shortcode attributes * New Feature: Implement support for Youtube short URL’s * New Feature: New field type for soundcloud audios * New Feature: Implement the support for loading profiles on new windows from the list * New Feature: Custom filter to change datepicker settings * New Feature: Custom filter for modifying profile avatar image * New Feature: Custom filter for modifying profile stats section * New Feature: Custom action for validating usernames for user creation * New Feature: Custom actions for deleting custom fields * New Feature: Custom actions for validating user login * New Feature: Custom filters for inserting dynamic content inside upme profile * New Feature: Custom filter for changing profile buttons on edit bar * New Feature: Custom filter for changing user profile link and profile avatar * New Feature: Custom filter for modifying profile stats section * New Feature: New settings section for disabling UPME scripts and styles * Added the support for WordPress core email notification function on user registration * Added logout redirection URL attribute to all shortcodes * Added the support for hiding login form when message is displayed, asking for login * Removed register link from login forms when registration is disabled * Fixed Bug: Gravatar loading issue and fatal error generation in registration form * Fixed Bug: Date formatting issue on PHP 5.2.x versions * Fixed bug: Woocommerce compatibility issues with 2x versions * Fixed bug: Fix the field duplication bug in Woocommerce synchronization * Fixed bug: Displaying search results on member list when using the search from sidebar. * Fixed Bug: Allow extensions with capital letters in image upload
* New Feature: Option to enable/disable avatar cropping lightbox in settings * New Feature: Option to show recent posts on profiles * Added setting to select Default Country * Added filter for custom social URL’s * Added a new default system page for Member List * Added shortcode option to show/hide register & forgot links on login form * Added title option to UPME Login widget * Added setting to enable/disable website hyperlinks on profiles * Fixed bug with Grouping Users by Custom Field * Fixed bug with DatePicker field * Fixed bug with Author profiles * Fixed bug with role based permissions for custom fields * Fixed bug with displaying multiple role group shortcodes on one page * Resolved several plugin conflicts with avatar cropping lightbox * Update manual.txt * Update po/mo translation files
Note: Please clear your browser cache after applying this update. * Added admin setting to enable/disable email activation for new users * Added option for manual email activation of new users by admin * Fixed bug with user role selection in settings
Note: Please clear your browser cache after applying this update. * New Feature: Option to choose a custom field to replace Display Name * New Feature: Login widget with options to show/hide register and forgot links * New Feature: Email validation system * New Feature: Option to require email validation with user selected passwords * New Feature: optionally add User Role selection to registration form * New Feature: Front end password reset shortcode & system page * New Feature: Help text option for custom fields * New Feature: Advanced Search settings * Added Reset button to search filters * Added Turkish translation files * Added Danish translation files * Added Hebrew translation files * Added Filters for profile field labels and values * Added Filter to edit profile fields * Added Filter to registration form labels * Added Filter to Login form labels * Updated po/mo translation files * Security patch * Fixed CSS issues with several popular ThemeForest themes * Fixed issue with redirecting WordPress admin login timeout modal window * Fixed conflict with other plugins using Tipsy * Fixed bug with duplicate meta keys * Fixed bug when searching from inner page of paginated member list * Fixed bug with sort order when using user role shortcode * Minor bugfixes * Fixed CSS issue with image uploads for mobile screens
Note: If you are upgrading from 1.9.3 or older, please clear your browser cache after applying this update.
* Fixed issue with profile rewrite rules * Fixed issue with default value for date-picker * Fixed issue with Redirect After Login setting * Fixed issue with Admin Bar default setting * Fixed issue with Pagination in group shortcode * Update po/mo translation files
Note: this is a major update with many changes. If you are upgrading from a previous version, please clear your browser cache after applying this update.
* New Feature: Crop function for avatar images * New Feature: Search all Custom Fields * New Feature: Filter by any Custom Field Values * New Feature: Search Cache for improved performance * New Feature: Profile permalink settings, use username or user ID * New Feature: Show fields only to specific User Roles * New Feature: Restrict editing of Custom Fields to specific user roles * New Feature: Options to hide the WP admin bar from logged in users * New Feature: Video field type for responsive YouTube and Vimeo videos * Revised member search functions * Revised Admin Settings pages * Improved styling of compact view on mobile devices * Optimized Ajax validations * Added option to show separators on profile view * Added option to show empty fields on profile view * Added CSS classes to search form elements * Added shortcode option to include or exclude fields from search * Added default value for pagination on member list * Added compatibility with forced SSL plugins * Added validation for editing profiles * Added Ajax loader when deleting profile images * Move image upload location to WP uploads directory * Move existing image uploads to WP uploads directory * Update username/email validation messages for wider theme compatibility * Display Log Out button only on active user’s profile * Fixed conflict with s2member registrations * Fixed SSL issue with Google fonts in wp-admin * Fixed CSS conflicts with some themes that apply styles to all forms * Fixed compatibility issue with WordPress 3.5.x * Update manual.txt with new search shortcode options * Update po/mo translation files
* New Feature: Date format setting for date picker custom fields * New Feature: Delete function with prompt for profile images * Improved display of 2 and 3 column member list * Remove auto-generated password nag for user selected passwords * Added Greek translation files * Update po/mo translation files * Fixed conflict with file upload on some form plugins * Fixed CSS conflict with date-picker and some themes * Fixed bug with checkboxes on registration form
* New Feature: Redirect After Login global setting * New Feature: Redirect After Registration global setting * Replace file_get_contents with wp_remote_get function for loading FontAwesome icons * Fixed bug with ‘User must log-in to view private content’ default setting
* New Feature: Optional automatic login after registration with user created passwords * New Feature: Set custom registration success message * Updated FontAwesome to latest version, includes 100+ new icons * Improved registration success message appearance * Added: Clear Profile updated message on Edit or View profile * Added: Prevent duplicate successive registration submissions * Update po/mo translation files * Fixed bug where validation errors were appearing more than once
* New Feature: Custom Fields display on backend WP profiles * New Feature: WP multisite “Network Activated” plugin compatibility * New Feature: Show specific fields by meta key in shortcode * New Feature: Custom Field support for default WP registration * New Feature: Ajax validation for username and email on registration form * New Feature: Option to link post count on profiles to author archive * Added: Auto Line Breaks in HTML fields * Update po/mo translation files * CSS fixes for sidebar login * CSS Fixes for Bootstrap Themes * Fixed bug with Register link on login form
* New Feature: Built in reCaptcha support * New Feature: Customize the message shown if registration is disabled * Improved mini profile design * Added Russian translation files * Added Dutch translation files * Update manual.txt with Captcha shortcode options * Update po/mo translation files * Fixed bug allowing registrations when disabled in WP settings
Notice to all pre 1.8 users upgrading: This update includes a major overhaul of the general settings. Please visit the UPME settings tab immediately after updating and check the options and click Save.
* New Feature: 1/3 Width Profiles shortcode accepted using width=3 * Improved display of compact view 1/2 and 1/3 width profiles * Fixed bug with password reset when Funcaptcha plugin is active * Update po/mo files
* New Feature: Mini profile when using [upme_login use_in_sidebar=yes] * New Feature: Automatically redirect to original post/page after login if possible * Improved sidebar login appearance and layout * Null value provided for Country by default when no Country is selected * Fixed bug where system pages were not being created automatically * Update manual with all available shortcodes
* New Feature: Automatic installation of default UPME system pages * New Feature: Select custom system pages (Login, Profile, Register) in UPME settings * New Feature: Allow Separator Fields on Registration Form * New Feature: Link to profile page to edit when using [upme_login use_in_sidebar=yes] * Styling update to separator fields * Re-organize Settings Page * Overhaul of Settings options * Custom Field option logic improvements * Remove hard coded background color in Recent Members widget * Update po/mo translation files * Several Minor Bugfixes
* Added Magic Quotes compatibility * Added sorting of existing meta keys when creating a field * Fixed bug with editing custom fields * Update Settings Menu & Tabs * Removed “must be publicly visible” text from profile fields * Checkbox and Radio Button CSS updated to single columns
* New Feature: Date picker custom field type * New Feature: Display users based on User Role * Add external nofollow attributes and new window target to social links * Add user role options to shortcode generator * Remove position validation check from customizer * Fix bug with Country dropdown * Fix bug with logout shortcode * Update po/mo files
* Add highlighting for drag and drop ordering of fields * Update Google font for secure connections * All strings translatable * Update admin & shortcode icons * Added several new shortcodes to shortcode generator * Update po/mo translation files * Fixed avatar bug with Safari browser * Fixed bug with author archive link
* New feature: Login by email * New feature: Required registration/profile fields * New feature: Option to link display name on profiles to author archive page * New Feature: Sorting options for member list shortcodes * New Feature: Drag & Drop Ordering of custom fields in settings * New Feature: Option to show User ID on profiles by adding show_id=true to shortcodes * Conditional CSS/js loading for improved performance * Re-ordering of columns in Settings -> Customizer for easier viewing * Added additional shortcodes to shortcode generator * Update po/mo files * Update help tooltips and admin settings text * Fixed browser detection bug * Fixed image upload bug in Safari an Opera browsers * Fixed image upload bug when field is set to admin-only edits
* Added support for Funcaptcha plugin * Added captcha option to registration shortcode * Added a class for integrating other captcha plugins * Fixed bug preventing admins form editing Private fields on front-end
* New Feature: Added Inline Lost Password Function to Login Form * Added heading section to Login Form * Added “Register” link to Login Form * Fixed issue with Password Strength Meter at low res * Resolved conflict with some themes using FontAwesome * Fix bug where “Remember Me” on login form was not working properly in some cases * CSS Updates
* WordPress 3.6 Compatibility Fixes
* Fix image upload conflict with some themes * Fix bug with Logout button * Additional client-side validation checks for Registration Form * Fix width issue with Country field in widget and at low res * Fixed display issue with long strings at low res * Improved pagination for large member lists
* Show login form to guests trying to edit their own profiles * Show login form to guests trying to view private profiles * Revise default private content messages * Added password related error messages * Fix avatar issue with bbPress * Allow shortcodes inside private content shortcode
* Added Logout button to profiles * Code cleanup and improvements
* Remove jQuery.validation script, resolve jQuery conflicts with some themes * Added max file size upload option in settings
* Fix bug with wp-admin bar avatars * fix several jQuery Conflicts
* Fix security issue with image uploads
v1.4.3 * Bugfix v1.4.2 * Action hook: upme_profile_update v1.4.1 * Shortcode button fixed v1.4.0 * Minor Improvements v1.3.8 * Avatar bugfix * Use hide_until_search option to hide profiles If you want search to be used first v1.3.7 * Minor bugfix (fixed front-end login) * Redirect users after login to custom URL * Redirect users after registering to custom URL v1.3.6 * Custom redirect URL added to Registration Shortcode v1.3.5 * Minor bugfix v1.3.4 * Fixed “user can edit” bug v1.3.3 * Added custom redirect for [upme_logout] button. v1.3.2 * Added [upme_logout] for Logout button * Minor compatibility bugfixes v1.3.1 * Allow users to set password at registration (+Strength meter!) * Minor bugfixes v1.3.0 * Auto Sync with WooCommerce * WooCommerce Account Page Fields Integration v1.2.9 * Extended Search! Now search by display name, first/last name are allowed * Partial name search is included! (Jame will return James, etc.) v1.2.8 * New shortcode [upme_private] to hide content from guests. * Minor bugfixes v1.2.7 * Fixed conflict with “Form Maker” plugin v1.2.6 * New Built-in Lists: Country Selection +Country Flags! v1.2.5 * New Input Fields Support! Radio, Select, Checkbox v1.2.2 * Major Featured Added! Search Profiles Feature * Use [upme_search] in sidebar widget to enable search * Use [upme_search autodetect=off] in page content v1.2.1 * Major Featured Added! Automatic Pagination for Displaying All Profiles * Enable pagination on all profiles using shortcode: users_per_page=X v1.2 * Block access to wp-profile optional. redirect to front end profile / custom page * Block access to wp-login optional. redirect to front end login / custom page * Block access to wp-register optional. redirect front end registration / custom page v1.1.6 * Allow HTML content in ANY profile field (optional) * HTML can be used to allow users to embed HTML content (e.g. Videos) * Now available in Spanish! * Allow/disallow users to view other profiles (optional) v1.1.5 * Minor bug fixes v1.1.4 * Minor bug fixes v1.1.3 * Custom Profile Picture now replace default avatar in comments/entries v1.1.2 * Upload profile picture is added! * Few bug fixes v1.1.1 * Front end User Profile page automatic creation * Link to User Profile * Link to logged in user profile / view another user profile v1.1 * Added Front-End Login Form * Added ability to use the forms, profiles in sidebar! * New shortcode option: use_in_sidebar to show the shortcode in sidebar v1.09 * Major update: Front-End Registration Form added! [upme_registration] * New Shortcode Button v1.04 * Major update: Add any custom profile field to default WordPress registration form v1.03 * Added option to Show All Users v1.02 * Added a New Widget: Display latest registered users v1.01 * First stable release
221 total views, 1 views today